Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hurt/Hope

Okay this is David on the blog.

Yes i know i titled it hurt for a reason. Through my 18 years of life i have learned a lot from stupid things and i have also done my share, yet through it all i look at it as a learning experience. Couple months ago my sister Kara and I were talking about how painful it is to have to watch our siblings and family go through everything we have. Of all my siblings i must say that Kara and I are the closest because she hasn't hurt me, well at least not intentionally. If you have been following my moms blog over the last year you know that we have had quite the journey! I will never forget the day I came back from Young Life camp (the best week of my life) and was told to sit down and had to hear what my father had decided to do. But the bottom line is even though that hurt, i forgave him. Haven't fully forgotten though. But i do believe we are rebuilding the bond, that of which a father and son share. Which brings me to my next point, some relationships just reallly hurt whether its family or friends, physical or emotional. Few days ago my brother Jay had called me, and my response to him was "Jay there are a lot of people that are willing to help you get your life back together but the bottom line is the change starts with you, you gotta make that change in your heart, rid yourself of the moral filth of the world".  He was like i know it just sucks that the one i hurt most physically is giving me this advice, and i told him "Jay I'm over the fact you hurt me physically, the pain you have caused me now is in my heart because i know your better than that, you can do it i am wlling to help you like everyone else but like i said you need to have a change of heart first and next is apologizes, with sincerity." Bottom line is that sometimes we get hurt by the ones who are closest to us, but how do we react? are we angry? bitter? hopeful? the answer is all of them, but yet when we hurt Jesus how does He feel? Keep in mind the hurt Jesus went through for you and i just to be here, He did it ot of love and because He has hope for a future with Him. To any and all that i have hurt in the last year, i am sorry. I love you all, thanks for taking the time to listen to my heart!

David Wuerfel

1 comment: