Sunday, October 17, 2010

Friendships

It is interesting how we end up friends with folks.  How God brings us together to walk through life - sometimes for long times, other for short times.  

I think friendships help us understand God better.  We are able to hurt when our friends are hurting, we can rejoice in their victories.  Walking through life with friends sometimes forces us to take our eyes off of ourselves and put them on others. 

One of our friends is hurting so deeply - and the only thing we can do is pray.  I just love it that God understands my anger at the person who is being STUPID and hurt my friend.  So many miss out because they (erroneously) believe God can't take their anger.  I have yelled at God many times and He took it just fine.  In fact, as I am yelling, He takes me in His arms, He holds me close and says, I love you.

God is so good.

No comments: