Thursday, May 5, 2011

Step of Faith

I (Brian) have been looking at leaving my current position and going back into the insurance industry. After having some what I felt were real good interviews, God did not want to move me and I am still in a position in which I am not really happy working. Don't get me wrong, god has done wonderful things in our lives over the past two years and we have been blessed above and beyond.


This past week we decided to make an aggressive effort to get out of debt before making any change from the present. On Monday, there was a posting at work for a new support team working with the strategic projects team. This position would alter my current schedule from working 15 days a month to 20 and the loss of extra overtime on the weekends but would be a Monday through Friday job working 10 hour shifts with every Friday being an overtime day. The posting indicated the position would more than likely be based on seniority however they were evaluating all candidates and only taking 8 for this elite detail.

Ok so here goes the step of faith. I submitted an email to the Commanding Officer and received encouraging words back. I sent ""although this position could be based on seniority and I would be considered a long shot, I wanted to let you know am interested in this position. " to which I received a response " Great!!, I will put you down." So I have been praying that this is the position that God has created an therefore not let me go from where I am. Please join us in prayer as we pray to seek God's will in the career choices.

Also last Saturday we attended a class at the church that will prepare us for the ministry at the church working as lay pastors working with troubled marriages. We have realized God does move us through the storms and wants us to remember he will always be there and wants us to bless others as he has blessed us.

Thanks for the prayers and we will keep you updated as we progress

No comments: