Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day for me (Vicki) is bittersweet.  Brian is am amazing father who truly love his children.  But, my own Dad has been gone for almost nine years. 

My Dad was a good man.  He loved the Lord.  He loved his family.  He taught us right from wrong.  He stood by us when we made bad decisions.  Never once did he say "I told you so.".  He was taken from us far too soon.

Sometimes I still cry.  Every little girl wants her Daddy.  I think the reason I can easily love Abba Father is because I had such an amazing earthly Dad.   

And God, in His infinite wisdom, has placed in our lives the most amazing couple - Rex and Joyce.  He has filled a void in my life that I thought would be empty forever.  I can't wait til we get to go and visit them later this summer.   We learn so much from he and Joyce. 

God has blessed my socks off with the people in my life.

No comments: