Thursday, February 9, 2012

Meetings

Over the past few weeks I have sat through more meetings that took way too long.  I wonder if it is just human nature that some folks have to say something about every topic.... 

There was a challenge - we were tasked with figuring out a solution.  Sounds so simple.  But we had to listen through - what caused the failure, then the "no one is to blame" we need to figure out what to do speech.  Great - then let's do that rather than hash and rehash what went wrong.  We are all human - mistakes are made.  Let's fix what went wrong and figure out what needs to change so it won't happen again.

Then you have the new person who doesn't understand the process, the players or the problem who keeps asking questions.  Why was she even there?? 

So what could have been resolved in a 20 minute meeting with the right players has become two very LONG meetings and we still have a ways to go.

I know God is using this situation for a reason, only He knows what!!  So I speak when I have new information or information that is critical and sit back and listen.   There are times my mind wanders to what these folks believe....  will they be with me in Heaven?  

And I pray - sometimes that the time will hurry up or that folks will hush up.  At other times I pray for God to be glorified somehow - I know He will.

God is so good.

No comments: