Sunday, March 24, 2013

Christians Shot Their Wounded.

This afternoon Brian and David played in a whiffle ball tournament for the Children's Ministry.  I sort of forced them into it.  Because I am old and fat and the sight of me running would send everyone into hysterics - I decided not to play.  I was asked to umpire.

Never again.  As an umpire folks were yelling at me, questioning calls, not setting a good example for their children.  When my duties were done I watched Brian and David play.

Their team had a runner coming into home - David picked up the base for her to tag.  There was no play - it was simply a funny gesture.  He was told he was being ejected for "Unsportsmanlike conduct".  Really??  In a fun tournament? 

There were people calling each other cheaters, making rude comments, playing cut throat ball, getting really angry.  Where was the love of Jesus?

The devil scored a BIG time victory.  It seems stuff that happens within the church is nastier than worldly things.  Instead of encouraging one another in love - it was all ME FIRST, I WANT TO WIN.

Over the years we have been part of a couple of different churches.  It is the same in all of them. 

We want people to come to Jesus - what is the motivation when we, who profess to love Jesus, shoot our wounded?

God is good - I am so thankful He loves us in spite of our actions.

He is about to do mighty and glorious things.

No comments: