Monday, December 22, 2008

Melancholoy

It is raining. I am tired. It is three days until Christmas. And I feel melancholy.

Not sad or depressed, just kind of down. This has been such a challenging year and many of the challenges are on going. I am ready for some cheer and hope.

But, if it weren't for the down and tough times, we wouldn't appreciate the good times. I can't think of anywhere in Scripture where God promised us all good times. I can think of several Scripture where it says the way will be hard.

My SOAP today contained "O Lord, I am calling to you. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to you for help!" It is so cool we can ask God to hurry (doesn't mean He will, but we can bring ANYTHING to His throne of grace!).

It will be good to get away, even if it is with my entire family!!

No comments: