Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Oranments

I am pretty excited about this Christmas. Brian and I put out the Christmas decorations over the weekend. He was grumpy and the tree didn't get finished. So Sunday afternoon, all by myself, I put the oranments on. It was cool.

I spent time praying for each one of our children as I placed ornaments with their pictures through the years on the tree and the ones they made.

Prayers went out for the people who gave us ornaments. Thanks went up for the ornaments that are reminders of special trips we have taken and places we have been. All in all it was a walk down memory lane, treasuring all the blessings God has given us.

This is going to be a low key Christmas, things are tough everywhere. But we have our Lord, our family and our Christmas ornaments - who needs anything more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BA HUMBUG........

You did a great job. The tree looks great. It is difficult to get into the holiday spirit when so much has happend recently. I am praying for a better spirit as things progress.

I liked looking at the old school pictures of all the children and wished wee could just rewind the clock back to some of the years and move forward.

Brian (Scruge)