Sunday, December 5, 2010

Stocking Stuffing

For about eight or ten years we have had the pleasure of being involved with Americans for a Better Tomorrow.  This Christian organization gives families a hand up - not a hand out. 

Today was the stocking stuffing.  We stuffed 1,200 stockings with candy, coloring books, crayons, popcorn,  a stuffed animal and a book about Jesus.  For some children - this is the only Christmas they will have.  They will be given out next Saturday at the Family Fun Fest. 

My friends Cutter (7) and Tanner (5) went with me today.  This two guys worked their behinds off.  To get there we drove through some pretty run down areas  -  I had the opportunity to explain some of the stockings may go to children who live in these houses.  What a privilege to share this experience with my young friends.

At times like this - sitting in my beautiful home, listening to Christian music and children playing, our tree lit, our bills paid - I am most blessed.  My heart aches for my brothers and sisters who have less - but in reality, their joy comes from Jesus - the peace in their eyes....perhaps we are the ones who are missing out.

God is very good.

No comments: