Tuesday, September 20, 2011

24 Crazy Hours

For about two months now Brian's blood pressure and pulse have been way out of wack.  When we were in Colorado his Spiritual Dad and Mom convinced him to call the doctor (yep, my words to call the doctor had gone in one ear and out the other....)

So, he goes to the doctor, who sends him to the cardiologist after writing a note that his work must not be strenuous...  guess that puts him on short term disability for a while.  The cardiologist starts a series of tests, everything coming back healthy and positive but the symptoms are all there....

On Monday there is the stress test.  Brian didn't do well - the test had to be stopped.  The folks told him if he didn't feel better to head to the ER.  He comes home, dinner is ready and he is starving (that six hour fast was brutal!).  Being the ever loving wife - I told him he looked terrible.  His reply - "Let's eat, I'm hungry". 

After dinner I asked him which hospital he wanted to go to.....  he didn't argue.  We headed to West Valley as that is closest to his doctors.  When he told the admitting folks he had chest pain they whisked him into a room.  In the five minutes it took me to answer all the questions - they had him IV'd, hooked up and blood drawn!!

The initial "results" said renal failure.  That made some sense because the kidneys control so much.  But how?  His plant physical in April was fine.  The doctor did a CBC two weeks before - did something horrible happen?  So he was admitted.  About midnight I headed home.

In the mail there was a letter, the idiots at Sedgewick Claims (the third party administrator of short term for APS) denied his short term since there is no diagnosis code.   Yes, I wanted to scream. 

So now, not only am I worried is my husband (best friend, awesome Dad, godly man and all around nice guy) is going to die but I get to worry about him not getting paid!!!!

This morning I head to the hospital early.  Brian had a rough night but he is being monitored.  My next challenge is dealing with the idiots.  After several calls, because they kept "cutting me off" I was able to talk with a supervisor who agreed the claim should be reopened.  She will confirm that on Wednesday, otherwise we get to appeal.

The cardiologist came in - an angiogram is on the slate today.  At first it was scheduled for 11:00am, then it got moved to 4:00.  The one thing I will never understand is "hospital time".   And the positive results on the "renal failure" - according the doctor it was an error in testing - we are choosing to believe God healed.

So many phone calls, so many prayers.  All answered.  The angiogram came out perfect - arteries are all clear, heart is beating strong.  That leaves us with the question - what is going on?  His blood pressure and pulse remain high.

Either the doctors will figure out what is going on or it will go away.  Either way - all the glory and honor belong to God.  I believe God has some amazing things left for Brian to do - the enemy is after him.  BUT - God wins.  God is so good.

No comments: