Monday, December 3, 2012

Compromise

A few weeks ago at church, a homosexual couple visited. While I did not meet nor chat with them, part of the conversation was relayed to me.

They wanted to know if they would be "accepted".  They were reassured of course they would be accepted BUT their homosexuality remains sin. 

It is fascinating to me how the world has become more accepting of things the Bible clearly defines as sin.  Tonight while reading in Romans 1 it clearly states that homosexuality is wrong.  Yet, much of society, and even many churches are now saying it is "born" in them.

When did the "little white lies" become okay?  When the children were little, the phone rang, I would run jump in the shower so they would not be lying when they said "Mom is in the shower."  Do I carry things to an extreme - maybe.....  but there are reasons God set the boundaries He did. 

Someday when I am sitting at the feet of Jesus and get to ask Him all the questions I have - I will feel comfortable that I have not stretched the truth or compromised His Word.  If I am going to err - it will be on the side of following too closely.

I pray for these women who hear the calling of God and came to our church.  I pray they have the strength to walk away from their sin straight into the arms of Jesus.  He is waiting for them.

God is amazing.

No comments: