Saturday, December 1, 2012

Suicide

A 17 year old young man apparently took his own life.  By all accounts he had it all - good grades, athletics, girlfriend.  With the world at his fingertips - he must have felt hopeless to take such a drastic step.

Talking with one of his friends tonight at church - his parents are in shock (and denial), his friends fluctuate between being angry or sad, everyone is at a loss. 

Kind of makes sharing Jesus a little more important.  I don't know if he had a relationship with Jesus.  I don't think suicide will keep anyone out of Heaven.  But why does it take a tragedy like this to motivate us to share the greatest love ever offered?

I think of the grieving parents....  Were their last words spoken in anger?  Will they live the rest of their lives with regrets?  There are times our children get tired of hearing me say "I love you"... but should something every happen - that is what I want them to remember - that I love them unconditionally, whether they chose to believe it or not!!

The world today is not a nice place.  I am so thankful for the hope we have because we get to spend eternity with Jesus.  God wants a relationship with each of us - all we have to do is reach out for His hand.

God is amazing.

No comments: