Saturday, February 1, 2014

Praying through yucky stuff

Every year I (Vicki) read through the Bible.  This year I changed plans and am reading through the Old Testament once and the New Testament and Psalms twice.  I am really enjoying the back and forth.  Each day as I sit my prayer is for a new insight, a new truth to apply to my life. 

Exodus 9:16 - But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

These words, through Moses, were to the Pharaoh who had a very hard heart.  God was using someone who had no relationship with Him to bring glory to God. He takes anything, even my disobedience, to bring beauty from ashes.

So, I am thinking my prayers have been off.  So often I pray that horrible situations go away.  I think my prayers should be for God to strengthen me to get through the situation, that His power would be evident in the miracles He will perform, that His name will be glorified.  God wants us trust Him for miracles.  We have not because we ask not.

In Romans Paul says "For we know all things work together for good for those who love God and called according to His purpose."  How often do I forget that?  He uses all things - pharaohs, cancer, bad situations.  He is LORD - He can use anything and everything.  He will as long as we trust.

Throughout my life I have been privileged to witness miracles in our lives.  I know God will continue to perform miracles.  We need to trust Him.  Oh Lord, grow my faith. 

God is so amazing.

No comments: