Sunday, February 23, 2014

Scripture

I love Scripture.  Each time it seems there is something new!

Psalm 50: 14 - 15  Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.

There is a progression here - a matter of the heart.  God wants me to have a thankful heart.  He wants me to be obedient.  When I am doing both of those things - then (and only then) am I in a right relationship with Him. 

When the days of trouble come (and they will!) I can call out to Him and He will get me through.  He doesn't say immediately or that it will be easy.  He does say "I will deliver you".

My response to Him then is to honor and praise Him. 

He is my Abba Father.  He loves me so much. He wants a relationship with me, He doesn't want me to be the Lone Ranger!!  He provides me with family and friends who point me to Him, who encourage me when I am sad, who rejoice with me in the good times.

At the moment things seem a bit chaotic.  But, I have the assurance that God is working to bring glory and honor to His name.  And that is all that matters.

God is awesome!!

 

No comments: