Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for my job

I spent most of yesterday and today going through resumes. I have an AP bookkeeper position open. So far we have received over 500 resumes. Yes, I have read each one of them.

Per policy, I have noted:
1 - want to interview
2 - qualified, but not going to interview
3 - don't meet minimum qualifications

As I read each one of these, I prayed not only for me to make the correct decision, but that the person would find the right position.

With the economy so bad there were resumes of controllers, analysts, receptionists, even an interior designer!!

I talked with twelve people on the phone today. All but two of them I really liked. Now I have to pare down even more to a reasonable number to bring in to interview. Then, I have to pick my top two or three to let the other staff meet.

This might be an easier situation - but the position hasn't even closed!! I could get another hunderd or more the first part of next week....

One of the biggest things I am learning - I am very thankful for having a good job with a solid company.

No comments: