Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Changes

God has been so good to us. Over the past few months, I/Brian has been looking into changing careers back to insurance. Back in August I had been talking with another officer at work and as the small world would have it, his wife was the Catastrophe Manager for a local insurance company that I did work for during the hurricanes. This company has always been good to me and I enjoyed the interaction of the adjusters at this company.

During my conversation the officer called his wife and asked if she remembered the name to which she replied "yes" he worked as a contract adjuster, sure wish he was doing claims now. Well I forwarded my resume and indicated that should anything develop that fits my qualifications or knowledge, I would investigate the possibility. Well Monday evening I received an email indicating she had forwarded my resume to the recruiter for an interview with a current opening. Today I interviewed and although the questions were tough, I felt all in the entire interview went quite well.

The hours would be better and the salary is slightly higher than what I am currently making. Just last week I passed up a job that would have involved a pay cut and felt that it was pushing where God wanted me to be. So after continued prayer I got the special call for a better position. Now we just wait and pray God's will on the situation.

Vicki and I are going to visit Mitchell Caverns and spend time together for our 21st anniversary. God has blessed me with an awesome woman of God and one who has stood by me through the poor decisions I have made over time. I pray God will continue to bless us with LOTS more years and we can enjoy each others company even more as the days pass.  I love you Vicki thanks for always being there.

No comments: