Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Running

This afternoon I (Vicki) had an interesting conversation with one of our children.  One who continues to run away from God rather than into His arms. 

As I listened, it was interesting to see all the excuses he came up with for his life (of sin).  The funny thing - I wasn't asking questions nor was I saying much.  One thing I have learned is to be still and listen.  The longer the conversation went - the more agitated he became.  So, I prayed silently.  As he wound down - I reminded him of how amazing he is (Psalm 139) and how much his Dad and I love him.

Walking in the door I saw our child who is running straight into the arms of God.  He is so excited about how God is going to use him.  He is so pumped to serve.

Perhaps that is one of the choices we make in life - do we run away from God or do we run straight into His arms of love?

1 comment:

Jan Samuel said...

Dear brother and sister.
My wife and I pray for you, and Jesus reminds us to give you,
Acts 11 verse 14 + Luke 1 verse 37 + Romans 8 verse 32.
God bless you with everything good from Jesus.
Solveig and Jan Samuel from Norway.