Sunday, May 24, 2009

Judging

As a fully devoted follower of Christ sometimes I don't understand the way we believers treat each other. We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and yet at times we judge.

Perhaps more confusing to me are those people who feel judged when they have not been. Is it the guilt of their sin? I see this in Jay so much. He is a different sort of person. He feels all people judge him when I don't think that is so.

There will always be people who will judge - but the bottom line is we will each stand before the Lord and answer for what we have done (even those who falsely judge!)

The most important thing is - when we realize we have sin in our life - confess it, repent of it and ask forgiveness. The cool thing - God wants to forgive us. He desires that we walk in fellowship with Him. He wants us reconciled to Himself.

I have a picture in my mind of God sitting on the front porch, waiting for me to come to Him. Then, He takes me in His arms, He rocks me and loves on me telling me how very much He loves me and how glad He is I am home.

No comments: