Friday, October 9, 2009

Bionic parts

Vicki is going into the hospital early Tuesday morning to have her knees replaced. We are excited as she has been in so much pain and limited in her activities. I am concerned about the healing and dont want her be in any more pain and look forward to a new life with her. The process has been stressful with getting all the pre op work completed and hearing the EKG was abnormal and after following up with the Cardiologist all is "perfect" as he said.

I am so proud of Vicki for working so hard to loose extra weight and excercise inorder to assist her with her recovery. I will work a short week and will be with her at the hospital Tuesday through Sunday when I need to retun. Our home team has been so supportaive and will be assisting us through the process as well. Thank you home team.....

On a separate note. I got the results of the nerve study back and there is a blockage in my right shoulder, causing my fingers to tingle and be numb. I went to the doctor yesterday and he found additional damage in the shoulder and has ordered another MRI to be done Thursday morning. I will then follow up to discuss the damage and make arrangements for surgery. The doctor jokingly told me he could do the surgery Tuesday and Vicki and I could share a room. We actually discussed needing to get Vicki through and on her way before I went under the knife but will need to get it done before the end of the year.....So looks like November-December and I will be out of work for about 6 weeks.

We ask each of you to pray for our family as we go through this entire process and for the doctors working on each of us.

No comments: