Monday, May 26, 2008

Differences in Children

Spent most of the day with Jay, David and my Mom. We saw Indiana Jones - I think he still has his stuff.

It is interesting to watch Jay and David. They are so different, yet they were brought up with the same two parents loving on them, same church, similar school experiences, both were created in the image of God.

People love David. He is polite (most of the time), funny, motivated and most importantly he really loves Jesus. He will do great things for God.

Jay, he is harder to like and understand. He tends to be moody and disrespectful. He is extremely intelligent, but doesn't want it to show. He loves Jesus but doesn't want to be religious. People, especially parents of other students, tend to judge him harshly. His bad decisions are written off to him being a bad kid. This makes me sad because with some encouragement, Jay could become passionate for Jesus.

I praise God for these young men. I pray for them constantly. At times I wonder if God hears my prayers, I have to keep claiming the promise - Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

And God ALWAYS is true to His promises.

1 comment:

Leeper's said...

Nothing about me... Sad!
(Pity party for Kara)

Anyways, It's hard standing back and watching sometimes, but God is working in Jay. Maybe Jay has to go through all this to truely understand God's love.