Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stand Still

I am blessed. Even with everything that has happened this summer - I am so blessed.

In my SOAP today Jehoshaphat asks the Lord for guidance. In 2 Chronicles 20:17 "But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord's victory. He is with you... Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!"

All God needed Jehoshaphat to do was to take his position. How simple? But how often does God ask me to take a position and I don't? There are so many areas where I miss the blessing when I try to fight the battle, rather than letting God.

Lord, help me to let You have the battles. Help me simply prepare, then be willing to stand still and watch You get the victory.

Thank you because You have already won.

No comments: