Monday, November 17, 2008

The End of the Saga

James 1:12 - God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God promised to those who love him.

The testing/temptation continues. Today Brian was told he is no longer being considered for the officer promotion. The reason is something long ago that has been expunged - legally, it can't even be considered. But it was, and now the road we are on will change.

Yes, there will be some legal actions. Yes, there will be a job change. Yes, we are weary. And yes, I am asking God - "WHY?"

How long does the testing/temptation last? When do we get that crown of life? Will it not occur until we reach Heaven?

Perhaps I am trying to make sense out of something that makes no sense. Maybe this is where I just need to trust God, He will continue to care for us, and love us.

For now, I just want to rest in my Father's arms. Let Him hold and comfort me through this very challenging time.

No comments: