Thursday, April 30, 2009

Challenges

It has been awhile since I blogged. The few days after we returned were busy with Brian's elbow. Thank you Lord it is healing (though still painful).

Brian started his new job on Tuesday. He seems to reallly like it though the ten hour days in a classroom are wearing him out! It is fun to fix him breakfast and pray together before we leave for work.

I am so weary. There are so many situations going on in our lives right now that I just don't understand. I am trying so hard to be faithful and peaceful - but the enemy is attacking with gusto.

One of the hardest things I am dealing with is watching those I love make bad decisions, especially when they know the truth. They know obedience to God is the only way to receive blessings. And I am caught in the crossfire. The bad decisions of others are bringing me down (and probably holding blessings from me).

Through it all, through it all I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God. He will be there for me. He will carry my burdens (Psalm 68:19).

And I am learning to pray at a deeper level - the level where it hurts. Jesus is making me a little bit more like Him.

I will be very glad when this season of our lives is over. Brian and I have a wonderful future full of grace and peace.

No comments: