Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Protected

Today I felt protected. The car problems we had coming home from Laughlin continued. So I drove about six miles, realized it and turned around but didn't get far. Called Brian at 6:00am. He and David came and got me. Then he spent the morning replacing the alternator.

I love being married to this man. We are friends. We are lovers. We talk and we laugh. Sometimes we even fight! I can hardly believe it will be 20 years in November. I can't wait to see what the next 20 will bring!

Over the course of the years I am realizing sometimes we are closer, others we are futher apart. Life happens. I am so encouraged for him to start his new job so we can spend more time together.

Scripture is so beautiful as it portrays Jesus' relationship with the church as a marriage, a covenant. A promise before God where there is no option of leaving. Perhaps it is through the tough times we grow the most. We are in a tough time now - but the blessing is coming soon!

No comments: