Monday, April 6, 2009

Rough Day

It was a rough day at work today. My mind was not on work stuff. I lost $400,000 while trying to balance an account (added an extra zero....), sent the same email out three times, did negotiate a payment plan though.

One of my coworkers stopped by my office. We were chatting about work, then he said, "You seem really down, is everything okay?" Since he has a child similar to Jay I gave him the Reader's Digest version of what is going on. He listened. More importantly - he said - "Don't ever let the behavior of one child make you think you and Brian and not good parents."

It was encouraging and eye-opening to hear from someone who doesn't know me well.

The greatest thing I am learning through all of this is how very much I love my husband. He is so strong. I can't wait until he gets home so I can have a hug!!

No comments: