Friday, August 22, 2008

Answers

At last we have an answer. Yes, Jay appears to have a chemical imbalance. Part of me is so relieved - there is a reason for the mood swings and the anger. Part of me is wondering why.

So where do we go from here? Dr. Jacienta put him on a small dose of ambilify. At first it could give him a headache or make him sleepy, but it should start working to level out his mood swings.

He seems okay with all of this. He said he just wanted to be normal. But what is normal? Jay is a creative spirit, he doesn't think like Brian and I do. That is not a bad thing, just something we need to be aware of and make every effort to communicate.

He is doing well in school - he may even go back to regular school at mid-year and graduate on time. Amazing considering how far behind he was. He makes me proud that he can overachieve if he wants to.

Jay has so stinking much potential - I can't wait to see what happens when he gets passionate for Jesus!!

No comments: