Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crossing the Line

Growing up today is hard.

Friday night our house was teepeed and David's car was saran wrapped. If the culprits had stopped there it would have been okay. But they didn't. We had shredded paper towels, confetti, silly string and condoms all over the front yard too.

Brian spent about an hour cleaning then he and David went to the Man Law breakfast. So I spent the next hour and a half finishing cleaning the front yard. My hands were shaking from holding the leave thingy.

This morning I chatted with three of the culprits. They were remorseful, said they thought the boys would clean it up. I asked them how David could with a broken leg and Jay is lazy.

Sometimes it is hard to know where the lines are, where it goes from being funny to being destructive.

Hopefully they will learn.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

That's so bad! I love doing the t.p. thing and having it done but that was way too far. You should have called and we could have helped get it cleaned up!

Amber Hann said...

wow. ive done some crazy TPing before but never anything like that. Thats just distasteful. People were always afraid of my dad so we didnt ever get it on our end. I'm waiting for a youth attack on our house... let the neighbors know what kind of new neighbor just moved in haha