Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Comfort

My SOAP today was out of 2 Corinthians, chapter 1, verse 4 - He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Wow. So all the stuff we have been going through this summer is going to comfort someone else? That is what scripture says. Everything that has happened and will happen is for a reason - to reflect the glory back to God.

I wish I could say that makes it worth it, but I'm not there yet. Too much reality we are still dealing with. Hopefully some day I can praise God for EVERYTHING that has happened this summer. Because I do know it is all for His glory.

Right now I think I am somewhere between laying in His arms being comforted and reaching out to someone who needs comforting. I am trusting God to let me know when it is time to reach out.

No comments: