Monday, August 25, 2008

Does David have talent or what??

This is a poem David wrote in memory of my Dad who has been gone almost six years.

You're up above and looking down,
I'm trying my best to not make you frown.
You've taught me lessons on how to live
When I needed a hug you were there to give.

You made sure i learned in school
and if I did not you called me a fool.
We shared moments together
but now your someplace better.

I look back at the days we'd fly planes
and the day I crashed your favorite
You asked me "where's your brains?

We spent time in the outdoors a lot
You were the one to untie a knot.
I miss the days that we'd be in the woodshop,
and all we would hear is "chop chop chop"

You showed me how to fix stuff
When I began to cry you told me to "be tough"
I remember the days when we went camping
and even the days you pushed me on the tire swing.

I can say memories now that your gone,
But if I did this poem would go on.
All it took was a sudden fall,
causing a blood clot to take it all.

~David Wuerfel~

No comments: