Sunday, August 24, 2008

Prayer

I think God is teaching me how to really pray.

There are so many challenges going on. Sometimes I lay in bed at night and pray as the tears flow. Sometimes I just cry out to God telling Him I have no clue, like Paul in Romans, I cry out "Abba, Daddy".

And the cool thing is - He doesn't always answer, but He always comforts me and holds me close, reassuring me everything will work out to His glory.

He reminds me that ALL things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose. He never tells me it will be easy. I may have to hurt and be uncomfortable as we live in a fallen world.

I love reading through the Bible this year - what an opportunity to be reminded of all the promises of God waiting for me to claim them.

No comments: