Saturday, August 9, 2008

Judging

The scripture today was in 1 Corinthians 5, verses 12-13, "It isn't my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsiblity to judge those inside the church who are sinning. God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, "You must remove the evil person from among you."

How many times do I have it totally backwards? I pass judgement on those who don't know Jesus and let my brothers and sisters live in sin. Perhaps it is easier to judge those we don't know who do things we believe to be evil than to confront someone we know and love with something painful.

Having a child who lives on the edge of rebellion it has sometimes challenged me - I don't agree with his choices for tatoos and piercings. Yet I get angry when others from church judge him for the same actions. Is he being judged fairly? Should he be judged at all?

Is my frustration a judgement? This whole topic makes my head spin. Just need to remind myself Jesus loves me, this I know. Yes, Jesus love ME!!

No comments: