Monday, September 29, 2008

Choices

Life is funny. Sometimes a minor choice we make can have a major impact. Leaving a few minutes early avoids an accident, picking up the phone as you are walking out the door comforts a friend, making an unexpected stop allows you to run into an old friend.

Sometimes we don't even think about the choices we make. We get up and go to work every day. We go to church on Sundays (or Saturdays). We spend time with family and friends.

It would seem that would go for bad choices to - spending time with someone who is a bad influence brings us away from God, spending money we don't have on toys takes food out of the mouths of our family.

Choices - God gave us free choice. How often do I take that for granted? How often do I mess up because I am not thankful for free choice?

Thank you Lord for giving me free choice, and for picking me up when I fall.

No comments: