Sunday, September 28, 2008

Men of God

Worship at Palm Valley today was incredible. Pastor Greg reminded us of how much Jesus went through at the cross, how he wasn't a wimp, but really very strong. He challenged the men in our church to step up and be all that God created them to be.

He asked them to come forward for a prayer of blessing if they were willing to step it up. I haven't cried this much in church in quite a while. To see men, promising to be what God created them to be. When David walked forward, it made me so proud. At 16 he gets it. He wants to be a Man of God.

I so appreciate our Pastor who is willing to preach the Gospel - without watering it down. Times like this morning I feel hopeful for our future.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That was such a touching service and I'm praying for those men who made a commitment this weekend!