Sunday, September 21, 2008

Parenting

I am sitting her tonight wondering about my children. We raised five of them, I gave birth to three. All are so very different. Three of them are not walking with the Lord. One of them we had very little influence on as he went to live with biological mom at 12 but the other two??

Did we do something wrong? Is there something we should have done differently or better? Why are they making these decisons? Don't they understand they are hurting themselves more than anyone?

Where does parental responsibility start and stop? Were we wrong to raise them in the church? Should we have given them more/less freedom?

If this is their failure - why do I hurt so much?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I think you've done a good job overall. Life is challenging and we all have rough times. Just keep reminding yourself of this verse...

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6