Monday, January 26, 2009

God is talking to me

I am reading through the Bible for the second year in a row. Over the years I have done lots of studies, but not this consistent reading. It is pretty amazing.

We have been going through some pretty tough times. I am feeling pretty weary. About a week ago the scripture that stood out was Luke 21:19 - Stand firm (blogged on it already).

Today my scripture - Exodus 14:13-14 "Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today...The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

Both the Old and New Testaments are telling me to Stand Firm and I will receive life and deliverance. And, God will fight for me, I just need to be still.

It is so incredible to think the Creator of the Universe knew I needed to hear these words at this point in my life, not once but twice.

So I will stand firm in the Lord, knowing He is in control and that all the chaos surrounding me will bring Him glory and honor.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Amen! Keep standing firm and those around you will continue to follow your lead. We can all use this reminder from time to time. Especially those tough times!