Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Learning

The trial of Kiera, the young lady who kicked David in his boy parts in December 2007 was supposed to be today. David and I drove to Florence. The prosecutor talked to David about what he would be doing on the stand. Then Kiera changed her plea to guilty. So we drove the almost two hours home. Hopefully she will learn something through this process.

Since I had a couple of open hours, I decided to clean Jay's room. It was bittersweet. So much of his life is here, now neatly in drawers and boxes. Yet it makes me sad. We haven't heard from him. Part of me is enjoying the peace and quiet. Part of me hurts something awful. He is my child. I love him. More importantly, he is making bad decisions.

Why is it some of us learn quickly and others take so long to get it? How come being a parent is so hard?

2 comments:

Leeper's said...

I love you Mom...

I know things are hard right now but just remember that you are loved by so many and we are here to keep you strong.

Stacey said...

Hang in there! I remember when we were dealing with Sherry being gone and we went into her room to clean up stuff. It was so hard and we were so concerned about where she was and what was happening with her life.

As you can see, she's home and she's doing great now. We know God had a reason for leading her away and also in bringing her back. It will all pan out... just remember that!