Sunday, October 19, 2008

Children

Scripture says children are a blessing. Right now I am finding children a challenge. They are all at an age where they want to learn everything themselves 16, 18 and 22. They don't want to listen to anyone. Each of them is making their own way, and will have to deal with consequences.

In reality, my parents probably felt the same frustration with me. Knowing I was making some bad choices, but not able to do anything about it.

So, I am learning to keep my mouth shut and to pray more. Pray they will seek wisdom. Pray they will listen to others. Pray God will watch over them.

David and I were chatting yesterday about God not having grandchildren. Each of our children will have their own unique relationship with God, it will not be based on anything Brian or I believe.

Maybe it is the letting go that is the hardest.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That's an interesting thought about God not having Grandchildren! I guess I've never actually looked at it that way. David is a good kid and I'm proud he's stepping up and learning to lead more and more. You've done a great job and I know you're proud of him!