Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vehicles are Frustrating

Vehciles have to be one of the most frustrating things.

David called me and the truck wouldn't start. He had a friend jump it and he made it home. After I arrived home I grabbed a bottle of coke and went out to pour it on the battery. The truck at least wanted to start then.

So David takes the battery out and we head over to Checker - the battery is only 14 months old and we paid for a top of the line battery with a 96 month warranty. (What battery lasts 96 months in Arizona??)

Phil, my new friend at Checker, takes the battery and tests it. Hmmm, the amps look good. Let's check it out on the other tester. Well, it is only 80% charged. Do we want to wait 12 minutes to get it fully charged?

Now at this point I was tempted to say, no we want to have a battery that maybe won't start. What I did say, we'd be happy to wait.

Twelve minutes later, the battery is good. He cleaned off the post thingys. We got home and cleaned off the cable thingys. The truck is starting.

So we spent an hour and a half on something that wasn't broken, just dirty.

I am trying to figure out some deep analogy from this, but it just isn't coming.

1 comment:

Leeper's said...

The truck didn't start for me one time. We just put it in neutral and it started then... So try that next time. It happens in Nissans I am told.