Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Day Closer to Heaven

During the past few months of challenges I have found myself answering the question "How are you" by saying, "I'm one day closer to Heaven."

Last week at Home Team someone asked if this wasn't a cop out. It made me think.

No, I don't think so at all. My purpose as a believer in Christ is to spend eternity worshipping the Creator. Hopefully I will grab a whole bunch of people to take along!!

If we lose sight of Heaven, what are we living for? Yes, somedays it may have been a cop out - I might be tired and hurting and just ready to be with Jesus. But most of the time it is the hope that keeps me going - the knowledge that I get to spend eternity with Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,

I too am very excited about Heaven. I don't believe it is ever a cop out to want to be with our Lord, Saviour and the one who loves us the most. He created me and YOU! I can't wait to see him face to face.

Thanks for your words of encouragement my dear sister.

Much love,

Deb