Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Accountable

Recently I have been praying about how to become a better wife, how to grow closer to Jesus and how to be a better mom. Be careful when you tell God you are willing to change.....

I am committing to losing 30 pounds by the 17th of July.

About two years ago the doctor put my on high blood pressure medication and told me to lose 10 pounds. I lost about 40 over the next six to eight months. Then I stablized for about a year.

Last fall we were going through some challenges and I put 10 of those pounds right back on. Why couldn't God have made me a non-eater when stressed?

The last week or so has been tough but I have dropped five pounds!! So I am going to keep going.

I even ried to ride my bike tonight - I have to give Jay credit, he didn't laugh while I was around. But between the seat slipping backwards and my left knee not wanting to bend, it wasn't going to happen - so I walked.

Pray for me as I take on this challenge. I know God honors us when we do the right thing - and taking care of my physical body is important.

Besides, Goodwill has a bigger selection in smaller sized clothes!!

No comments: