Tuesday, February 24, 2009

50th Wedding Anniversary

Sunday would have been my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. So early last week I phoned my Mom and asked if she wanted to do something. She wanted to think about it.

When she returned my call she said yes, she was trying to figure out what she would be doing if my Dad were still alive (probably on a trip somewhere). But since she didn't have time to plan a trip - spending time with family would be great and she wanted to ride the light rail!

So Sunday afternoon David and I drove over to my Mom's home, then on to the light rail station. We rode from one end to Mill Avenue. We got off and wandered up and down Mill Avenue doing a bit of shopping. We ate at Fatburgers. David has a new goal in life - he wants to work at Fatburgers. (In case you have never been there, with every order they yell "Fatburger" or "Fat Fries" or "Skinny Fries".)

Then we rode it back. While not the most exciting thing we have ever done - it was good to be together and remember my Dad.

I even found out my parents were married on a Sunday afternoon. I knew they had a one night honeymoon and then drove to San Diego.

I am thankful for the beautiful example of marriage my parents gave me.

No comments: