Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mom of a Prodigal

Being the eternal optimist I am, I have been searching for the positive aspects of being the Mom of a prodigal child.
  • Daily, actually moment by moment, I have to put my child on the altar.
  • I trust God to meet his needs.
  • I trust God to hold me really close, especially when I melt down.
  • Prayer has become a constant in my life, so much so that my staff think I am talking to myself!!
  • I have grown closer to my children who are making wise choices.
  • The other children are learning from their brother's mistakes.
  • While I don't like what we are going through, I know this will bring God glory.
  • In sharing what we are going through others have held us up in prayer and accountability allowing God to use them.
I am sure there are lots of other positives, someday I will understand them. For now, I just hold on to the Lord's hand knowing His other hand is reaching for my child. When Jay grabs that hand - there will be a great big hug and rejoicing.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

There is a reason for everything we go through and eventually you will know exactly what that is! Right now just remember to keep up the good work and trust God to guide him.