Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Prodigal's Mom

I have figured out where the Prodigal's mom was. She was on her knees praying for her child who had wandered, praying for her child still at home and praying for her husband.

Now that the Prodigal is home - I must pray even harder for the relationship between my sons and the relationship between father and son. There is a HUGE lack of trust, there is jealousy, there is hurt. I believe God can and will heal all of this and strengthen their bond.

While I thought it was tough when he was gone - not knowing where he was, what was going on, was he safe. This is tougher.

Now I have to encourage him to make wise choices, hold him accountable for what he has agreed to do, learn to trust him when he has hurt me so deeply.

I have no clue why I have had the privilege of going through this. Perhaps it was to understand a little bit more the heart of God, the heart that is hurt by the actions of His children. Yet He still reaches out in love.

So, this mother of the Prodigal will increase prayers knowing they will be answered by my Heavenly Father who understands how I feel.

Thank you Jesus for holding my hand through this.

No comments: