Saturday, February 28, 2009

Quiet

It has been a hectic / quiet weekend.

Brian is in Las Vegas at a conference. David and Jay are at the Dare to Share conference. So I have been on my own.

Yesterday I was supposed to attend a baby shower..... Billy and Melonie needed our Expedition to get students to the Dare to Share conference so Friday at lunch David brought the truck over to my office to trade.

I had a 2:00 meeting at our Corporate Office so I got into the truck and realized - we have grinding brakes. After work I drove (32 miles) to Brake Masters. They put temporary pads on to keep me safe until it could be fixed this morning.

So, instead of sleeping in - I was at Brake Masters. It was really cool. I was early, sitting in the parking lot. Other cars drove in, men got out (4 of them) and waited at the front door. I didn't see it, but assume they fought to get in. I walked in adn went to sit down and wait but Matt said "Let me have your keys and we'll get started." So cool.

After the obligatory grocery shopping, some cleaning and scrubbing the driveway it was time to relax.

It has been peaceful - just me and God, talking about life, just being together.

1 comment:

Penny said...

So nice to have some quiet time to yourself...