Monday, July 6, 2009

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

1 Samuel 17:45-48 (parts) - I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel... and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's. Then David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him (Goliath).

God has already won - I don't need to worry or fret. David ran out to face Goliath because he KNEW the battle was his.

For me - I don't need to deal with the satan with skin on who is in Brian's life. God will deal with her. God is on the throne. Brian is His child. The Shepherd will return the lost to the fold.

The battle belongs to the Lord. And when the battle is over - we will have a Victory Celebration.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Vicki,
I have been following your blog for the last few weeks and I just wanted to say that I admire your faithfulness to the Lord. It's not everyday that we find people who love the Lord with every fiber of their bodies, who trust in the darkest of days and who remain consistent.
I am praying for you and your family. Keep pressing into God's matchless, unfailing love!
Hugs!
Lauren

Vicki and Brian said...

Thank you for your kind words. Glory belongs to God who is carrying me through. His love is so amazing!!