Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Games and Feelings

I was accused of playing games and manipulating today. All I was doing is protecting myself. After being verbally attacked yesterday by two different people (one expected, the other hurts like #%&*) my emotions are pretty raw, I didn't sleep much. The thought crossed my mind, since they are both so angry and full of hatred, would they do something to hurt me?

I feel afraid so I protect myself by not going near those who have threatened me. How is that playing games?

People play so many games rather than being honest. Feelings aren't right or wrong - they simply are. What we do with those feelings can be bad or good.

I love Brian so I pray for him. I am not going to play games and pretend I don't care - because I do. Our marriage is a covenant. It will be reconciled and healed, don't know when, I just trust the Father who never changes. He loves me, he is so deceived by the enemy.

God will honor my obedience. God always honors and blesses us when we are obedient to Him. More than anything else - I want to stand pure before my Lord and Savior. I want to hear the words "Well done."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki:
Enough of the public venue to air partial truths. I have held off responding to any of the comments but this evening I can no longer hold off. It appears there is alot of hurt nd anger even on your behalf. I have never threatened you much less heard any threats in my presence.

If you are so afraid, why would you want me to be any where near you. I am tired of the public judging without hearing my side of the story or the history if which I have left bottled up for several years and the emotional damage to the family by the games everyone is playing. I also would expect you to remove my comments as they do not play into the "holier than thou attitude"

Time to take a long hard look in the mirror and reflect over the struggling family and seperation issues with my side of the family. Just a place to begin.

Vicki and Brian said...

Just for clarification - Brian has never threatened me. In fact, he promised to never physically hurt me - and he has abided by that promise.

It is good to finally learn at least part of why he walked out.

Our marriage can be reconciled because God specializes in the seemingly impossible.