Thursday, July 16, 2009

Praise

Still in Hebrews, still amazed at how much God loves us.

Chapter 13, verse 15-16 - Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise - the fruit of lips that confess his name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Reminds me of the verse in 1 Samuel 15:22 - To obey is better than sacrifice.

So we should continually be praising God, doing good and sharing Him - but even more important to Him is that we obey the laws He has given us.

I think when we are obeying God, praise is a natural outflow. We are in relationship with Him we want to do the things He asks.

He is so worthy of praise - sometimes I think about the price He paid and can't take it all in. To go through the pain, the agony, the rejection... all because He loves me. My only response can be Praise to the King of Kings.

No comments: