Saturday, July 25, 2009

Death

Sitting here thinking about death. Two people who work for me have experienced it in the last week. One knows the Lord, the other doesn't.

Makes me sad when someone I have met is going to spend eternity in hell. But isn't that true of lots of people I interact with every day? While I hope they see Jesus in me, where is my responsibility? In the workplace I have already crossed the line in sharing my faith.

Then my mind wanders to the superstition death normally comes in threes.... Someone I love more than life itself said he wasn't sure life was worth it. How do you reassure someone you love so much life is worth it - pain is fleeting, weeping endures for the night but joy comes in the morning? It is the greatest pains that bring the greatest joys.

I am getting way to philisophical. I am convinced I need to spend a lot more time praying for those I love and those who I am involved with. Ultimately it is individual choice that determines where we will spend eternity. I want to live my life boldly so others see Jesus in me.

God is so good.

No comments: