Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kara

My baby daughter is getting married. I am so proud of her. She and Tom have done it by themselves.

I admire the fact they will have a covenant marriage through the state - lots of premarital counseling and should they ever want to part, they would have to go through more counseling. They are spiritually on the same page.

While she hasn't always made the best decisions, she is taking responsibility. She is reaching out to others who are hurting. She is demonstrating love and servanthood. I am proud of the woman she has become. I am excited to see where the Lord leads them as a couple.

My heart is sad because one thing she truly wants will probably not happen. All I can do is pray her day is amazing and beautiful, full of love of family and friends. It will be bittersweet.

No comments: