Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crucifying Christ

Still SOAPing in Hebrews. Was reading in Chapter 6 about those who fallen away. The writer of Hebrews says "...because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace."

So every time I sin (whether intentional or not) I am putting another nail in my Savior or pushing another thorn into His head, or perhaps adding another lashing to His back. This is heavy.

Jesus, who willingly died for me, then defeated death by rising again - He suffers when I sin. So the remarks I make sarcastically - they hurt Him; the impure thoughts I have - they hurt Him; the times I don't reach out to another in love - He is hurt. I could go on and on.

I am so thankful for the grace and mercy Jesus shows. I am going to do my best to not hurt Him any more and live a life that will make Him smile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am confused about your posting. You say that you want to live a life that will make Him smile and reach out to another in love.

Why is it that I have requested a few pictures of our children and you can not give me a response to getting pictures to have?

I have also asked about David and his indicating he might need surgery and still have not gotten any response. Please answer these requests:




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Brian [mailto:bwuerfel@q.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 4:00 PM
To: 'Wuerfel, Vicki'; 'Wuerfel'
Cc: 'bwuerfel@q.com'
Subject: pictures and phones



Hello:



Just wanted to let you know that the phones have been switched over. I also would like to have a few of the pictures of the kids that we have had hanging on the walls. At the moment, you have every picture that we have ever taken of the kids and I would like to hang there pictures up here as well. If you do not wish to part with the school pictures, please allow me to have the outdoor pictures that were in the family room. I do not just want 3x5 but would like the large pictures one of each.



Thanks